Roy Chesney Poetry Contest
First Place – $500 Second Place – $200 Third Place – $100
First Time Entrant Winner – $200
(Not previously entered in a Siloam Springs Writers Guild annual contest)
2019 Theme: “Building Bridges”
Author’s choice of Poetic style, Form, and Length
Contest open to anyone within ten miles of Siloam Springs
Entries accepted between August 1 and August 31, 2019.
- Anyone within ten miles of Siloam Springs is eligible to enter. Qualified writers may submit one entry without charge; for up to two additional entries a $3.00 each contribution will be required. An entrant with more than one entry is eligible for only one prize.
- Contest entries are to be original works of the submitter, having been neither published nor awarded as a winner in an SSWG annual contest nor as any state or larger regional-poetry-contest winner.
- Each entry must include a cover page with the title of the entry, the first two lines of the poem, “Roy Chesney Poetry Contest, 2019,” submitter’s name and email address and physical home address.
- The Author’s name should not appear on any of the poem’s pages.
- The title of each entry should appear two inches from the top on its first page and on the cover page.
- The poem will be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font, for 8 ½” x 11” page, and left-justified with 1” margins.
- Entries are to be free of obscene language.
- Each entry will be emailed as a document (.doc or .docx) attachment to <SSWGSiSp@gmail.com> with “RC Poetry Contest, 2019” in the “Subject:” field, or as a hard copy via USPS ($5.00 each fee for re-keying)
- For USPS entries, and payment of multiple-entry and/or re-typing fees, mail to Siloam Springs Writers Guild, 1600 Rosewood Lane, Siloam Springs, AR 72761.
- Submission will be made by email from August 1 through August 31, 2019, or by USPS through August 26, 2019.
- Awards will be announced at an award ceremony October 14, 5:30 P.M., at First Baptist Church, Siloam Springs–access via west entry.
For additional information contact:
Ted Weathers, President
Siloam Springs Writers Guild