2018 Roy Chesney Poetry Contest Winners
First Place: Kendra Cooke “Siloam is Loam” – $500
Second Place: Natasha Nathan “She – is Siloam Springs” – $200
Third Place: Rachel Kulp “Lovin’ Siloam Springs” – $100
First Time Entrant Winner: Jamie Walt “Forgotten from the Census” – $200
Honorable Mention: Dana Ahnen “Who Am I?” – 2018 Guild Membership
Honorable Mention: David Ravenhill “Our Town, Siloam Springs” – 2018 Guild Membership
JUDGES: Mary Sangster, Ft. Scott, AR; Barbara Blanks, Garland, TX; Charlie Southerland, Viola, AR
2018 Theme: “Siloam Springs”
Author’s choice of: Poetic style, Form, and Length
Contest open to anyone within ten miles of Siloam Springs
Entries accepted between August 1 and August 31, 2018.
- Anyone within ten miles of Siloam Springs is eligible to enter. Contest entries are to be original works of the submitter, having been neither published nor awarded as a winner in: an SSWG annual contest nor any state, or larger, regional entity.
- Each entry must include a cover page with the title of the entry, the first two lines of the poem, “Roy Chesney Poetry Contest, 2018,” submitter’s name and email address and physical home address.
- The Author’s name should not appear on any of the poem’s pages.
- The title of each entry should appear two inches from the top on its first page and on the cover page.
- The poem will be typed in Times New Roman 12 point font, for 8 ½” x 11” page, and left-justified with 1” margins.
- Entries are to be free of obscene language.
- Each entry will be emailed as a document (.doc or .docx) attachment to <SSWGSiSp@gmail.com> with “RC Poetry Contest, 2018” in the “Subject:” field.
- For USPS entries, multiple-entry, and re-typing fees mail to Siloam Springs Writers Guild, 1600 Rosewood Lane, Siloam Springs, AR 72761.
- Submission will be made by email from August 1 through August 31, 2018 or by USPS through August 26, 2018.
- Awards will be announced at an award ceremony October 8.
For additional information contact:
Ted Weathers, President
Siloam Springs Writers Guild